Registration and Submissions
Registration and all submissions are done at https://impactventurechallengespring2017.startupcompete.co/. If you have any questions about signing up, uploading documents, or accessing feedback, send a note to firstname.lastname@example.org. Our team is eager to help you succeed.
Terms of ELIGIBILITY :
- Are led by a current Messiah College (MC) student
- Those not formerly affiliated with Messiah College may actively contribute to a team; they cannot actively lead a team
- All competing ventures consist of teams of 2-5 people. Each team will designate a MC student as the primary point of contact and provide current email and telephone numbers. This primary point of contact must hold an ownership stake in the form of equity in the company.
- New venture ideas can be part of an existing entity. That existing entity must not have grossed revenues in excess of $20,000
- Former Impact Venture Challenge competitors may compete in successive IVCs
- Former Impact Venture Challenge winners, of first, second, or third prizes, may not compete in future IVCs
- All teams must have MC student representation at all workshops & events.
- Each team represents that any idea, discovery, invention, or concept disclosed in the business plan originated with one or more members of the team or is being used with appropriate permission from and acknowledgment of its legal owner. It is each team’s responsibility to make sure that its business plan does not violate the intellectual property rights of any third party. Further, each team understands that MC makes no commitment that the business plans shall be kept secret. By submitting a business plan, the team members agree to these terms of eligibility.
- The authors of the business plans will retain all rights to the business plans regarding its use except as stated below. Due to the nature of the competition, we will not ask judges, reviewers, staff or the audience to agree to or sign non-disclosure statements for any participant. All public sessions of the competition, including but not limited to oral presentations and question/answer sessions, are open to the public at large. Any and all of these public sessions may be broadcast to interested persons through media that may include radio, television and the Internet. Any data or information discussed or divulged in public sessions by entrants should be considered information that will likely enter the public domain, and entrants should not assume any right of confidentiality in any data or information discussed, divulged or presented in these sessions. Messiah College may make photocopies, photographs, videotapes and/or audiotapes of the presentations including the business plan and other documents, charts or material prepared for use in presentation at the Impact Venture Challenge. Messiah College may use the materials in any book or other printed materials and any videotape or other medium that it may produce, provided that any profits earned from the sale of such items is used by Messiah College solely to defray the costs of future competitions. Messiah College has non-exclusive world rights in all languages, and in all media, to use or to publish the materials in any book, other printed materials, videotapes or other medium, and to use the materials in future editions thereof and derivative products. If you are planning to file for patent protection or other intellectual property protection pertaining to any aspect of your business, you should realize that entry into this competition may be construed as a public disclosure. Thus, you may wish to consult with legal counsel prior to entering. You are free to exclude any material you feel is proprietary, contain trade secrets or at risk by public disclosure.
- Each entrant shall indemnify, defend and hold Messiah College (and its trustees, officers, employees and agents) harmless from any third party claims arising out of or related to the competition, including, but not limited to, claims of intellectual property infringement.